Introduced in MapTool version b46, the Library Token is a special token type that acts as a library of properties and trusted macros that may be accessed and called by other macros.
Library Token Naming
All library tokens must have a name in the format "Lib:name", to indicate that they are to serve as a Library Token and not a "normal" token. Example library token names might be:
Creating a Library Token
To create a Library Token, do the following:
- Drag a new token on to one of the maps in your campaign.
- Rename it with a name in the format Lib:name (e.g., Lib:DnD, Lib:GameRules, etc.).
- Right click on the token and make sure that Visible to Players is checked.
- Set the token type to NPC (upper right corner of the Token Configuration dialog).
After that, you have a Library Token. Note that you cannot have two library tokens with the same name in the same campaign (even if they're on different maps!).
Once again, the requirements are:
- The library token must be visible to players (make sure Visible to Players is set in the right-click context menu). The library token need not be on the "Token" layer (you can keep it on the "Hidden" layer to hide it from players, although "Visible to Players" must still be set to true).
- The library token must have a name in the format "Lib:name"
- The library token must be present on only one map in the campaign file.
Library Tokens and Trusted Macros
NOTE: DO NOT CHANGE THE FOLLOWING - THIS IS THE CORRECT INFORMATION REGARDING LIBRARY TOKENS AND TRUSTED MACROS
Library Tokens may run Trusted Macros or utilize trusted macro functions provided they meet one of the following criteria:
- The library token is not owned by any players, OR
- The macros on the library token are not player-editable.
If the Library Token does not meet at least one of those criteria, it cannot run trusted macros. This allows players to create their own personal library tokens for various untrusted macros they wish to run, while at the same time preventing players from altering or manipulating any token or other element of the campaign for which they do not have permission to do so.
Library Token Macros
Library token macros are created and edited like macros on any token. Macros on a library token may be called using the [MACRO(): ] roll option. Since Library token macros are trusted, they may perform operations not available to regular tokens.
Library Token Properties
Library token properties can be accessed by using the getLibProperty() function. Note that default property values do NOT work using that function.